Saturday 24 September 2011

Deidre's story - (Sept 23)

"I am a regular walker, and fortunately live on the coast. I have wonderful views of the harbour and Waiheke Island on my walks. I would have to say that the air over these scenes is always clear. I guess it has a lot to do with the air movement over the ocean so any pollution is blown away.

When I am driving away from the coast I drive along an elevated stretch of road and often notice a brown haze hovering over the city and out across to the Waitakere Ranges. This is always on a clear and usually windless morning.

I do restrict my walking routes to paths off the main roads as I am acutely aware of the smells and sounds of the traffic as the cars drive by me. The smell of diesel and petrol makes me nauseous, so I avoid these smells as much as possible. The coastal cliff tops are the most pleasant for walking where I am unaware of either air or noise pollutants."

No comments:

Post a Comment